Ground Beef Vermicelli Recipe
- 8 ounces vermicelli, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 slices process American cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute vermicelli in butter until browned. Add beef; cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the tomato sauce, celery, onions, corn, green pepper and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- 2. Arrange cheese slices over the top. Cook, uncovered, until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 292 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1104mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein .
Reviews for Ground Beef Vermicelli
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.