Ground Beef Vermicelli Recipe
In this recipe, vermicelli noodles are first browned to develop a slightly nutty flavor. Then they simmer in a seasoned tomato sauce for a deliciously different dinner.
- 8 ounces vermicelli, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 slices process American cheese
- In a large skillet, saute vermicelli in butter until browned. Add beef; cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the tomato sauce, celery, onions, corn, green pepper and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Arrange cheese slices over the top. Cook, uncovered, until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Ground Beef Vermicelli in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p240
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Ground Beef Vermicelli(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >