Ground Beef Vegetable Soup is sure to chase the chill after a day of raking leaves or running errands. A variety of veggies along with ground beef and macaroni make this a hearty main dish. Field editor Raymonde Bourgeois of Swastika, Ontario shared the recipe.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup uncooked macaroni
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the broth, water, tomatoes, celery, carrots, onions, potato, cauliflower, tarragon, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Stir into soup; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ground Beef Vegetable Soup in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p38
Reviews for Ground Beef Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review