Ground Beef Taco Salad
Everyone at our house loves this taco salad. In spring we look for something light and refreshing on the menu after the heavier comfort food of winter.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/3 cup bean dip
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes plus 2 tablespoons liquid
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the bean dip, chili powder, salt and tomato liquid.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, onions and
- olives. Add beef mixture; toss to coat. Top with chips. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cups equals 469 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 1,007 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.