Everyone at our house loves this taco salad. In spring we look for something light and refreshing on the menu after the heavier comfort food of winter.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup bean dip
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes plus 2 tablespoons liquid
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the bean dip, chili powder, salt and tomato liquid. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, onions and olives. Add beef mixture; toss to coat. Top with chips. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Taco Salad in Reminisce April/May 2011, p58
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ground Beef Taco Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review