Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion in butter over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the mushrooms, flour, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add chili sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream just before serving; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 341 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 685 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Ground Beef Stroganoff
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.