Ground Beef Stroganoff
MY mother-in-law gave me this recipe 25 years ago. It's been a staple in my meal planning ever since because it's easy and takes little time to prepare.
I usually serve it with green beans or another vegetable and a salad.
-Marjorie Kriegh, Nampa, Idaho
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion in butter over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the mushrooms, flour, garlic,
- salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add chili sauce and
- Worcestershire sauce. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream just before serving; heat through (do not boil).
- Serve with noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 341 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 685 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.