Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion in butter over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the mushrooms, flour, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add chili sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream just before serving; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 341 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Ground Beef Stroganoff
"chili sauce isn't the same as hot sauce. It is used in shrimp Louie's. Comes in a bottle and is similar to ketchup."
"My whole family loved this dish. This should say a lot because when it come to a new dish they can be pickie eaters."
"I'm gonna make this and add cream cheese to make more creamy and to dull out chili sauce! Very good!"
"I found this recipe shortly after I got married and have been making it ever since. Its a favorite. Its very creamy and tastes great!"
"We loved this! It's not very saucy, but very yummy. I used Thai sweet chili sauce - it was great!"
"Needed a little milk added to be creamy enough. Did not have chili sauce, so used ketchup and powdered dark chilis. Nice taste."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.