Ground Beef Stew
Since I work all day, it's great to come home knowing I have a very delicious meal simmering in the slow cooker. I like to serve generous helpings of this stew with corn bread muffins. - Mary jo Walker, Jasper, Tennessee
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2 large potatoes, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) peas, drained
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the first six ingredients in the order
- listed. In a small bowl, combine soup and water. Pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Bake some corn bread muffins and freeze them alongside serving-size portions of the Ground Beef Stew. Pull both packages out of the freezer when you need a quick lunch.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 385 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 580 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 27 g protein.