Since I work all day, it's great to come home knowing I have a very delicious meal simmering in the slow cooker. I like to serve generous helpings of this stew with corn bread muffins. - Mary jo Walker, Jasper, Tennessee
- 2 large potatoes, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) peas, drained
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the first six ingredients in the order listed. In a small bowl, combine soup and water. Pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ground Beef Stew in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p59
Reviews for Ground Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review