Ground Beef Spiral Bake Recipe
“We got this recipe from a restaurant cook who lived in the duplex beside my mother-in-law," recalls Monika Rahn of Dillsburg, Pennsylvania. "It was one of his favorites. It’s easy to make, tastes just great and freezes well. Both my mother-in-law and her neighbor are gone now, but this recipe always brings back happy memories!”
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 jars (26 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes.
- 2. Stir pasta into meat mixture. Transfer to two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle each with 2 cups cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- 3. Bake the remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- 4. To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
3/4 cup equals 359 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 627 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Ground Beef Spiral Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC