- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 jars (26 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir pasta into meat mixture. Transfer to two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle each with 2 cups cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- Bake the remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Reviews for Ground Beef Spiral Bake
"Good and easy, but really nothing amazing."
"We loved this one pretty easy to make! I love having the 2nd one. When I make this I plan a visit to my oldest daughters and give it to her to bake her family they love it too!"
"oops i forgot to say i added a small can of mushrooms too. yummy!"
"I love this recipe. I didnt make two. I tweeked it though, I added a tablespoon of italian seasoning, garlic salt, a cup-cup 1/2 of water half a box of spirals. i used a 32 oz Classico spagetti sauce fire roasted i think. next time i'll use rotelle instead of rotini. but we loved it. this is a every other week meal from now on. i took a pic and i wish i could post it."