Ground Beef Spinach Alfredo Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 8 cups (32 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper. Spread 1 cup meat mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Arrange four noodles over sauce, breaking noodles to fit if necessary; layer with half of the ricotta mixture, 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1 cup meat mixture.
- 3. Top with four noodles, spinach, Alfredo sauce and 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Continue layering with four noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1 cup meat mixture. Add any remaining noodles; top with remaining meat mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- 4. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 757 calories, 40 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 1,362 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 55 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.