Ground Beef Snack Quiches Recipe
My husband, Cory, farms, so supper can sometimes be quite late. A hearty appetizer like these meaty mini quiches is a perfect way to start the meal. They taste super made with ground beef, but I sometimes substitute bacon, ham, ground pork or sausage. —Stacy Atkinson, Rugby, North Dakota
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 o 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the beef, garlic powder and pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and cornmeal; cut in butter. Add enough water to form a soft dough.
- 3. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Place teaspoonfuls of beef mixture into each shell.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the egg, cream, onion, red pepper, salt and cayenne; pour over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 280 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 465 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Ground Beef Snack Quiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC