Ground Beef Snack Quiches Recipe
- 1/4 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 o 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the beef, garlic powder and pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and cornmeal; cut in butter. Add enough water to form a soft dough.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Place teaspoonfuls of beef mixture into each shell.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, cream, onion, red pepper, salt and cayenne; pour over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Ground Beef Snack Quiches
Sort By :
"P.S. I sometimes use ham or pork sausage instead of hamburger. All are tasty."
"I've made these mini quiche for many years; getting the recipe from a TOH magazine years ago. My family really likes them. I make them in advance and then freeze them. It takes just a few minutes to reheat them. I also made them as one of my New Year Eve's snacks. I especially like the cornmeal crust. It give a crunchy nutty texture. I misplaced the TOH magazine, so I'm thrilled to find the recipe online."