Ground Beef Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the gravy, vegetables, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Spread potatoes over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 457 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 890mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Ground Beef Shepherd's Pie
"I was told to replace every meat loaf recipe that I have ever made (and I have made a ton of them) with this recipe for Shepard's pie. They really liked it. I just added a extra cup of veggies and a shot of soy sauce instead of the Worcestershire sauce which I don't care for. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family did. PS.... I am not allowed to make meat loaf ever again. Nobody's recipe!!!"
"Definitely a keeper! Hubby had 2 servings, so did daughter. Used up all my leftovers, but had to add some instant potatoes, just didn't have enough of those. And instead of cheese, I topped it with French fried onions. Delish!"
"Good quick meal. I added cheddar cheese to the top of the potatoes. I made it for a late lunch, early dinner."
"This was a good quick meal. I added a bit more gravy to the burger mixture and some gravy to the potatoes. We all enjoyed it."
"very good meal for a cold winters night, i made a homemade loaf of bread to go with it."
"My family and I tried this meal and yummy. When I asked my family if I should make it again, I received answers of yes before I even finished answering the question.We do like extra gravy so I used 3 cans instead of two to have more gravy."
"I love this recipe - so easy to make. My family doesn't care for the frozen mixed veggies, so I just chop up a couple of carrots and toss in a few frozen peas for the required veggies. It's a keeper, and really delicious with homemade mashed potatoes!"
"I use the same basec recipe but once heated through, I top it all with about one cup shredded cheddar cheese and return to oven till cheese melts. Ruta From Cambridge On."