Ground Beef Shepherd's Pie
This hearty supper-in-one sent by Elaine Williams is ideal for small families. The Surrey, British Columbia cook uses ground beef, frozen veggies and canned gravy to hurry along the down-home dinner.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in
- the gravy, vegetables, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Spread potatoes over the
- top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 457 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 890 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.