This hearty supper-in-one sent by Elaine Williams is ideal for small families. The Surrey, British Columbia cook uses ground beef, frozen veggies and canned gravy to hurry along the down-home dinner.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the gravy, vegetables, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Spread potatoes over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ground Beef Shepherd's Pie in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p22
Reviews for Ground Beef Shepherd's Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review