Ground Beef Quiche Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1. In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until beef is browned and onion is tender; drain. Stir in the salt, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and mayonnaise; stir into meat mixture. Fold in cheeses.
- 2. Pour into pastry shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350° or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 558 calories, 42g fat (16g saturated fat), 184mg cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, trace fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Ground Beef Quiche
"My whole family loved it! Very easy & even the picky eaters were pleasantly surprised!"
"Oops..did not see the bake time listed at top of recipe. Sorry"
"Any idea of the baking time before I start checking it with a knife?"