Ground Beef Potpie
A must-try for the meat-and-potato lover in your home, slices of this hearty meal-in-one are sure to satisfy. Best of all, our home economists used a refrigerated pastry crust to make it easy as pie.
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped carrots
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onions and carrots over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir
- in the potatoes, broth and seasonings. Spoon into an ungreased 9-in.
- pie plate.
- Place pastry over filling; crimp edges to seal. Cut slits in top.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 358 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 539 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,