Ground Beef Potpie Recipe
A must-try for the meat-and-potato lover in your home, slices of this hearty meal-in-one are sure to satisfy. Best of all, our home economists used a refrigerated pastry crust to make it easy as pie.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped carrots
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onions and carrots over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in the potatoes, broth and seasonings. Spoon into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate.
- Place pastry over filling; crimp edges to seal. Cut slits in top. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ground Beef Potpie in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p43
Reviews for Ground Beef Potpie(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >