Great for a party or game-day gathering, this hearty appetizer can be made with Italian sausage instead of ground beef if you prefer. Add a little more pizza sauce if the mixture seems too thick. —Margaret Schissler, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- Breadsticks, bagel chips, baked pita chips and/or tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the cornstarch, fennel, oregano and garlic powder until blended. Stir in pizza sauce.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Gradually stir in cheeses until melted. Stir in olives. Keep warm.
- Serve with breadsticks, bagel chips, pita chips and/or tortilla chips. Yield: 5-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Pizza Fondue in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p49
Reviews for Ground Beef Pizza Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review