Ground Beef Piroshkis Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 sheets refrigerated pie pastry (9 inches)
- Barbecue or sweet-and-sour sauce, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the sour cream, dill, salt, mustard, curry and pepper; remove from the heat.
- 2. Unfold pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface; cut into 3-in. circles. Place 1-1/2 teaspoons of beef mixture in the center of each circle. Brush edge of pastry with water; fold circles in half.
- 3. Place on greased baking sheets. With a fork, press edges to seal and poke holes in top. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with barbecue or sweet-and-sour sauce if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
3 each: 330 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Ground Beef Piroshkis
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.