- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 sheets refrigerated pie pastry (9 inches)
- Barbecue or sweet-and-sour sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the sour cream, dill, salt, mustard, curry and pepper; remove from the heat.
- Unfold pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface; cut into 3-in. circles. Place 1-1/2 teaspoons of beef mixture in the center of each circle. Brush edge of pastry with water; fold circles in half.
- Place on greased baking sheets. With a fork, press edges to seal and poke holes in top. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with barbecue or sweet-and-sour sauce if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Beef Turnovers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p34
This recipe pairs well with a blush wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with M.Chapoutier Côtes du Rhône Belleruche Rosé 2013, light, sweet and pink. A perfect wine for just enjoying on its own or with lighter fare. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Ground Beef Piroshkis
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review