Ground Beef Pie Recipe
From Bucyrus, Ohio, Cleora Campbell sends this recipe for a beefed-up quiche that doesn't require a prepared crust. The entree is easy to assemble and economical, too, at a mere 82¢ a serving.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Press into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cheese.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk and biscuit mix just until combined. Pour over cheese.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 507 calories, 31 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 224 mg cholesterol, 879 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC