- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Press into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cheese.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk and biscuit mix just until combined. Pour over cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ground Beef Pie
"My family really enjoyed this dish! I saw the comment from one reviewer about this dish coming out "too soggy". And I confess that after adding in one cup of milk to the biscuit mix I was very hesitant to add the remaining 1/2 cup... it was very liquidy. But I did prepare it as the recipe specified. I would say that the texture was right on the edge for my own tastes. The next time I make this (and I will, because it was quite tasty) I will trying cutting back on the milk and adjusting the bake time as needed."
"My husband liked it but the children and I didn't. Too soggy."
"This is perfect for a young family. Serving meals for a 10, 8 and 5 year old is difficult, no one can ever agree. This recipe solved that problem for us."
"The receipe sounded kind of no spice/flavor what caught my attn is the bisquick instead of pastry . Good idea i added lots of seasoning to the ground beef and added onion and celery and mushrooms to the meat mixture and than followed the receipe it needs a pick me up for flavor I added garlic and onion and oxo beef cube, and seasing pepper and onion soup mix than it was nice and I served it with gravy over it"
"I like to make this recipe with sausage instead of ground beef. It makes the dish more flavorful."