From Bucyrus, Ohio, Cleora Campbell sends this recipe for a beefed-up quiche that doesn't require a prepared crust. The entree is easy to assemble and economical, too, at a mere 82¢ a serving.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Press into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cheese.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk and biscuit mix just until combined. Pour over cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ground Beef Pie in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p47
Reviews for Ground Beef Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review