Ground Beef Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion, celery and carrot
- 7 cups water
- 1 envelope au jus mix
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, celery and carrot over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Add the water, au jus mix, bouillon, bay leaves and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in the noodles. Return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
One 1-cup serving (prepared with lean ground beef, reduced-sodium bouillon and yolk-free noodles) equals 203 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 471 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.