This savory specialty combines ground beef with onions, celery and carrots. "This is a wonderful fast soup to make any day of the week," says Judy Brander of Two Harbors, Minnesota.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion, celery and carrot
- 7 cups water
- 1 envelope au jus mix
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, celery and carrot over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the water, au jus mix, bouillon, bay leaves and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in the noodles. Return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Ground Beef Noodle Soup in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p55
Reviews for Ground Beef Noodle Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review