Ground Beef Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion, celery and carrot
- 7 cups water
- 1 envelope au jus mix
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, celery and carrot over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the water, au jus mix, bouillon, bay leaves and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in the noodles. Return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Ground Beef Noodle Soup(8)
Sort By :
Very good! Next time I might add peas and corn... I also used 6 bouillion cubes instead of Granules.. I also made it without celery and onion since I have picky eaters.. I added onion powder though.
PS..I only had beef bouillon cubes and not the stated granules. So I binged it at it said that 1 cube = 1 tsp. So I used 6 cubes for this particular recipe. Hope this helps.
Love love love this recipe. Can make in big bathes and stores well. This is def a recipe I plan on both keeping and handing down.
Very good, and very quick and easy. I put diced green peppers instead of carrots and celery and it was delicious.
Great soup! Made it once expecting it to not be very good, and was pleasantly surprised by a delicious, filling, QUICK soup!