Ground Beef Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, combine gravy mix and water until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2. Add the spaghetti sauce, cream, seasonings and gravy; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in the noodles and 1/3 cup cheese.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 409 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 924mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein .
Reviews for Ground Beef Noodle Casserole
"Good flavor, but does not hold well. Eat right away! My family was late to dinner and the noodles became a mushy mess."
"I used organic heavy whipping cream, Brown rice Fusilli and both Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese. Also added some fresh organic baby spinach to it. Very good!"
"My ten-year-old niece really loved this dish. We agree that it tastes like lasagna, but so much easier to prepare. I didn't have cream, so I used regular milk and I didn't have parmesan, so I used mozzarella instead. It was very good, even so. I will definitely be making this again."