Ground Beef Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, combine gravy mix and water until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2. Add the spaghetti sauce, cream, seasonings and gravy; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in the noodles and 1/3 cup cheese.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 409 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 924mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Ground Beef Noodle Casserole
"Good flavor, but does not hold well. Eat right away! My family was late to dinner and the noodles became a mushy mess."
"I used organic heavy whipping cream, Brown rice Fusilli and both Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese. Also added some fresh organic baby spinach to it. Very good!"
"My ten-year-old niece really loved this dish. We agree that it tastes like lasagna, but so much easier to prepare. I didn't have cream, so I used regular milk and I didn't have parmesan, so I used mozzarella instead. It was very good, even so. I will definitely be making this again."