My mother shared this recipe with me soon after I was married. Most everything I know about cooking, I learned from her. This recipe has always been a family favorite, and it's a time-saver as well because it uses spaghetti sauce and gravy mix.—Christina Takacs, West Springfield, Massachusetts
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a small bowl, combine gravy mix and water until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, cream, seasonings and gravy; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in the noodles and 1/3 cup cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ground Beef Noodle Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p298
Reviews for Ground Beef Noodle Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review