This is a dressy recipe that will be a big hit. I think it's nice served with a side dish of hot vegetables and Texas toast. It's an oldie, but a goody! —Judy Taylor, Kenna, West Virginia
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, salt, garlic salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Drain noodles; toss with butter. Set aside. In a blender, process cottage cheese and sour cream until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in onions and parsley. Add noodles; toss to coat.
- In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer a third of the noodle mixture and half of the meat sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodle mixture; sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ground Beef Noodle Bake in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p51
Reviews for Ground Beef Noodle Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review