Ground Beef Noodle Bake Recipe
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, salt, garlic salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Drain noodles; toss with butter. Set aside. In a blender, process cottage cheese and sour cream until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in onions and parsley. Add noodles; toss to coat.
- In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer a third of the noodle mixture and half of the meat sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodle mixture; sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ground Beef Noodle Bake(10)
Sort By :
This was good. Needed a little salt. I didn't use the blender, just mixed it together. Great comfort food for a cold night. All of my kids liked it.
This was good and definitely easy to make. I did not have any egg noodles and used 3 cups of elbow macaroni. It worked. Next time I will use a little more garlic salt to season it a little more but overall it was good.
Made this with a few changes. I cooked my ground beef with a medium sliced sweet onion. I used 2-8oz. cans of tomato sauce & added a 4 oz. can of drained mushroom slices. Also used a 2 qt. baking dish & it turned out good. My husband is not a fan of swiss cheese, but I think that you could use cheddar cheese instead. Someone mentioned that they did not care for cottage cheese. When you blend this with the sour cream, you would never know there was cottage cheese on the noodles for sauce - give it a try! Very good served with a warm vegetable & Texas toast or crusty rolls. Will make again. Thanks Judy for the recipe.
This sounds good to me except the cottage cheese which we don't like - think I could add more sour cream or swiss cheese in place of it? Or maybe even plain yogurt??
Very tasty, easy and to prepare.
Note to uwas-waya - your rude comments are unnecessary - if you wish to alter a recipe, don't blame the original for your dislike of the results, and if you wish to be considered a responsible dog-owner please don't feed salty human food to your dogs!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >