Ground Beef Mix
From Newark, Ohio, Candace Robinson shares her secret to succulent suppers. She seasons a batch of ground beef, divides it into meal-size portions and keeps it in the freezer. With a few additional ingredients, she can quickly whip up the three entrees that follow.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 2 cups crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cracker crumbs, onions, salt
- and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into
- three freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 1 month. Yield: 3
- portions (14 cups total).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 345 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 615 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.