Ground Beef Macaroni Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce; heat through.
- 2. Drain macaroni; transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the egg, soup, milk, butter and parsley; pour over macaroni. Spoon beef mixture over top; sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 357 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 721mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Ground Beef Macaroni Casserole
"My grandsons won't eat anything with pieces of onion so I blend the onion with tomato sauce before adding to the dish. Very good after school, cold day dish."
"You can be sure I'll be making again and again for my husband and myself. I do not salt anything so will leave out. Definitely will add garlic powder along with onion. YUM!"
"Good but not a lot of flavor. Definately needs a garlic roll. Will make again but use a pizza sauce for the tomato sauce. I cut the recipe in half and would serve more than the four suggested."
"I didn't have the exact ingredients on hand, so I prepared this dish with unsalted butter, 1% milk and unsalted tomato sauce. I added about a 1/2 tsp additional salt to the beef mixture. Also used a sprinkle of dried parsley instead of fresh. I thought it was very good!"
"really great cold weather day quick and tasty meal just add a salad and you are set"
"This was just ok. A lot like Mac n cheese with beef. Easy to make though, and definitely edible, just not fantastic."
"Great casserole - the whole family loved it!!!Will definitely make again and again....."
"Strange! Odd combo of ingredients. Hubby did not like."
"After convincing my VERY picky 5 yr old to try it. He Liked it and finished his plate. Very kid friendly."
"Awesome recipe! All three of my kids devoured it. The soup mixture really adds to the flavor. Love the creaminess."
"This was VERY good and easy to make! I added the cream cheese and Morton's seasoning salt to it per the other reviews, and it was a hit with my family! Very good warmed up too!"
"I added about 4 oz of cream cheese. Changes the nutrition facts a bit, but my family really loves it. Even my 5 year old "picky" grandson!"
"I saw the review that said this was bland, and I do agree that it needs salt. When I added Morton's seasoning mix in to flavor it, it was awesome."
"This is a tasty casserole, with easy ingredients on hand, my family loved this dish, great weeknight meal to prepare for the busy cook."
"I will make this casserole again."
"I don't usually give negative reviews, but I really didn't like this. It was very bland. I mixed up the leftovers with some spaghetti sauce and we ate it that way so it wouldn't go to waste. Won't make again."
"This recipe was super fast and tasty. My 2 and half year old ate an entire serving! She said it was "delish.""
"Excellent meal. I served with salad and garlice toast. I used a smalll onion, egg substitute and 1% milk. Could not get the lumps out of chicken soup so I dumped the cookd macaroni into the soup ingreadients already mixed in a large bowl and stirred. Then poured into baking dish adding topped with the beef mixture."