Ground Beef Macaroni Casserole Recipe
My mom often made this casserole when I was growing up, and it was one of my favorite meals. It tastes terrific with a salad and rolls. —Judy Hluchy, Mt. Prospect, Illinois
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce; heat through.
- 2. Drain macaroni; transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the egg, soup, milk, butter and parsley; pour over macaroni. Spoon beef mixture over top; sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 357 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 721 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Ground Beef Macaroni Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC