Our home economists modified Penny Auclair's recipe to use up extra cooked ground beef. “I tried this when I was going to school full-time and wanted something quick, foolproof and delicious,” writes the Amesbury, Massachusetts cook. “My family loves it.” TIP: “For a change, use chicken breasts and chicken gravy instead of ground beef and beef gravy,” Penny recommends.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 pound cooked lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 jar (12 ounces) home-style beef gravy
- 1/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add the vegetables, gravy, soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain spaghetti; stir into beef mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ground Beef Lo Mein in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p47
Reviews for Ground Beef Lo Mein
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review