Ground Beef Gravy Recipe
While I was growing up, this is the dinner Mom let me make once a week. Now when I prepare it for my family, I'm reminded of happy times with Mom in the kitchen.—Diane Krasley, Graterford, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot mashed potatoes or cooked pasta
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 1-1/2 cups beef broth, onion, parsley, basil, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with mashed potatoes or pasta. Yield: 3 cups.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 145 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 545 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC