- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot mashed potatoes or cooked pasta
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 1-1/2 cups beef broth, onion, parsley, basil, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with mashed potatoes or pasta. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Ground Beef Gravy
"This is an awesome quick weekday dinner recipe. Served over leftover mashed potatoes from Thanksgiving. So easy to prepare and everyone in my family, which covers ages 12-84, loved it!! I didn't have any basil and I did add carrots with the onions but otherwise followed the recipe and it came out great. Definite keeper."
"This is an excellent and easy weekday recipe. I always adjust the spices, based on my broth, so that it won't be too salty. I also use flour instead of cornstarch, to thicken the sauce. I add green beans to the mixture. Even my very picky child loves this!"
"I am just a learner, so I do my best, just love you cookery book, I really did not like the gravy, I much prefer the liquid type, it was a little salty."
"I really liked this recipe. It was super easy and tasted like home. It was a bit salty though. Maybe you could use reduced sodium broth and cut out the seasoned salt, but try it and see what you think. I like salt myself. Ha ha."
"This is surprisingly tasty for simple comfort food. My sons really liked it. I increased the meat to 2 lbs to suit their appetites and decreased the garlic powder to 1 teaspoon. Try it - don't let its simplicity fool you."