While I was growing up, this is the dinner Mom let me make once a week. Now when I prepare it for my family, I'm reminded of happy times with Mom in the kitchen.—Diane Krasley, Graterford, Pennsylvania
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot mashed potatoes or cooked pasta
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 1-1/2 cups beef broth, onion, parsley, basil, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with mashed potatoes or pasta. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Ground Beef Gravy in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p311
Reviews for Ground Beef Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review