This recipe comes from my daughter, who is a wonderful cook. And that's my objective opinion!—Mildred Willet, Tillamook, Oregon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 package (10 ounces) corn tortillas (6 inches), torn into pieces
- In a skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, enchilada sauce, olives and salt. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 cup cheddar cheese, cottage cheese and egg. Set aside. Spread one-third of the meat mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover with half of the tortillas; spread with half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, ending with the meat mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Enchilada Casserole in Country Ground Beef 1993, p84
Reviews for Ground Beef Enchilada Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review