Ground Beef Dressing
As is true with most families, food is an important part of all our celebrations. That's why I know everyone at your table will savor this delicious dressing.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 40 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 8 cups bread cubes
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Place in a large bowl; add remaining
- ingredients and mix well. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish that has
- been coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover and bake 10
- minutes more or until dressing is lightly browned. Yield: 16
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 2 starch, 2 lean meat; also, 272 calories, 414 mg sodium, 18 mg cholesterol, 39 gm carbohydrate, 14 gm protein, 6 gm fat.