Ground Beef Casserole Recipe
“My sister made this flavorful entree often as a newlywed, and shared the recipe with me when I got married,” writes Andrea Hickerson from her home in Trenton, Tennessee. The biscuit-topped dish has a comforting flavor and speedy, breezy assembly, too!
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, soup, corn, water and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Keep warm.
- 2. Separate biscuits and cut into quarters; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes.
- 3. Transfer beef mixture to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with biscuits and cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC