Ground Beef Casserole Recipe
“My sister made this flavorful entree often as a newlywed, and shared the recipe with me when I got married,” writes Andrea Hickerson from her home in Trenton, Tennessee. The biscuit-topped dish has a comforting flavor and speedy, breezy assembly, too!
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, soup, corn, water and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Keep warm.
- Separate biscuits and cut into quarters; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes.
- Transfer beef mixture to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with biscuits and cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Beef Casserole in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p27
Reviews for Ground Beef Casserole(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >