Ground Beef Campfire Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds carrots, sliced
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) peas, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup medium pearl barley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, carrots and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Yield: 20 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Ground Beef Campfire Stew
Sort By :
Excellent! I substituted red wine for water, added fresh mushrooms, and used the liquid from the canned corn. I also added frozen crushed tomatoes, zucchini & green peppers from my garden. I filled a 5 qt cast iron dutch oven, and cooked it over coals in my fireplace insert for 3 hours.