Ground Beef Bundles Recipe
These little pockets are made in kitchens throughout Nebraska. With ground beef and cabbage, they truly capture the down-home country cooking we all enjoy.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Melted butter
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cabbage, onion, butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cabbage is crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut bread dough into eight equal pieces; roll each into a 5-in. square. Place 1/4 cup meat mixture in the center of each square; sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon cheese. Bring corners together in the center; pinch edges to seal.
- 3. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; brush tops with melted butter. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 260 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 465 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC