These little pockets are made in kitchens throughout Nebraska. With ground beef and cabbage, they truly capture the down-home country cooking we all enjoy.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Melted butter
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cabbage, onion, butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cabbage is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, cut bread dough into eight equal pieces; roll each into a 5-in. square. Place 1/4 cup meat mixture in the center of each square; sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon cheese. Bring corners together in the center; pinch edges to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; brush tops with melted butter. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ground Beef Bundles in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p81
Reviews for Ground Beef Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review