Ground Beef Bundles Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Melted butter
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cabbage, onion, butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cabbage is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, cut bread dough into eight equal pieces; roll each into a 5-in. square. Place 1/4 cup meat mixture in the center of each square; sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon cheese. Bring corners together in the center; pinch edges to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; brush tops with melted butter. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Ground Beef Bundles(2)
Sort By :
I listened to the other review and added some garlic, celery, and bell pepper to the meat mix. It was flavorful that way but I was still missing a sauce, maybe a tomato based sauce like with cabbage rolls but served on the side.
I made this using the dinner roll instead of bread recipe in my bread maker. The bread part was very nice. The filling was good, but was lacking in flavor. I added a bit more salt than suggested, but both my husband and I felt the need to dip these bundles into sweet chili sauce to make up for whatever was missing. I got tired of rolling out the dough, so I just bundled them into buns that turned out even better than the suggested pockets.
I make a similar stuffed bun using a combination of sauted onions, bacon and sauerkraut, nothing else and they are very flavorful. Maybe next time I'll use the sauerkraut and see if that is what was missing.