Ground Beef and Pepperoni Stromboli Recipe
I've made this many times when friends and family come over to watch football and basketball games. This sandwich always satisfies the huge appetites we build up cheering for our teams. - Shelley Banzhaf, Maywood, Nebraska
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1. Place each loaf of bread dough in a greased large bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. Punch dough down. Roll each loaf into a 15x12-in. rectangle.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine eggs, oil and seasonings. Brush over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges; set remaining egg mixture aside. Layer beef, pepperoni, cheeses and onion on dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, beginning with a long side. Seal the edges well.
- 4. Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Brush with remaining egg mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 stromboli (8 servings each).
1 serving (1 each) equals 268 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 467 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Ground Beef and Pepperoni Stromboli
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC