Ground Beef and Pepperoni Stromboli Recipe
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1. Place each loaf of bread dough in a greased large bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. Punch dough down. Roll each loaf into a 15x12-in. rectangle.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine eggs, oil and seasonings. Brush over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges; set remaining egg mixture aside. Layer beef, pepperoni, cheeses and onion on dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, beginning with a long side. Seal the edges well.
- 4. Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Brush with remaining egg mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 stromboli (8 servings each).
1 serving (1 each) equals 268 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 467 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.