Ground Beef 'n' Biscuits Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat, until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, salt, oregano and pepper until blended. Add tomato sauce and peas; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Separate biscuits; arrange over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ground Beef 'n' Biscuits
Sort By :
"We really enjoyed this!!!! I made my own biscuits instead of store-bought and baked it about 10 extra minutes. Yum!!! Good meal for a chilly night!"
"My family loved this and we all had a second helping. I will definitely be adding this to my meal plans."
"I made this last night and me and my husband loved this meal and there was more leftovers than I was expecting. Great tasting meal. I am not a fan of peas but loved them in this dish. I recommend this for something quick and easy."
"It was actually really good I enjoyed it alot."
"My husband ate three helpings. Instead of using the pre-prepared buttermilk biscuits, I made "drop" biscuits for the top. Instead of oregano, I put two dashes of Worcestershire sauce in the ground beef."