Ground Beef 'n' Biscuits Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat, until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, salt, oregano and pepper until blended. Add tomato sauce and peas; simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Separate biscuits; arrange over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ground Beef 'n' Biscuits
"I like the recipe but, I think the biscuits should be pre-browned because they were still doughie after baking. Next time I think I will add corn instead of peas to see how it taste's."
"I make a casserole quite similar to this. I put a cube of cheese inside each biscuit, yum!"
"I made this the other night for my family and thought it was, just ok. I would probably used mixed frozen vegetables instead of just peas. My biscuits didn't cook all the way through either, but that could have been due to the baking dish I used. I would try this again with a few tweaks."
"We really enjoyed this!!!! I made my own biscuits instead of store-bought and baked it about 10 extra minutes. Yum!!! Good meal for a chilly night!"
"My family loved this and we all had a second helping. I will definitely be adding this to my meal plans."
"I made this last night and me and my husband loved this meal and there was more leftovers than I was expecting. Great tasting meal. I am not a fan of peas but loved them in this dish. I recommend this for something quick and easy."
"It was actually really good I enjoyed it alot."
"My husband ate three helpings. Instead of using the pre-prepared buttermilk biscuits, I made "drop" biscuits for the top. Instead of oregano, I put two dashes of Worcestershire sauce in the ground beef."
"I cut the biscuits in 1/2 and they browned up very well. Used Italian seasoning in place of oregano."
"This was good, but make sure that the biscuits get cooked all of the way through. You might need to extend the baking time a few more minutes. But, overall Tasty."
"I added garlic and swaped the frozen peas for frozen green beans. It was good. My only complaint is the underside of the biscuits did not cook, so they were doughy, but overall my family and I enjoyed it."
"I made this recipe but tweaked it a little. Instead of peas I cut up a small zucchini and increased the "simmer" time by a couple minutes. I felt it went better with the Italian spices."
"I added about 3/4 cups chopped cooked bacon and decreased salt to about 1/2 tsp. This was quite tasty. I will make this again."
"I didn't have peas so used mixed vegetables and it was great, I also didn't have the tomato sauce; therefore, replaced it with a can of tomato soup (10 oz can) and left out the flour. I made it for two so I cut the recipe in half."