Grits Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In a saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat and cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot grits into the eggs; return all to the saucepan, stirring constantly. Add the sausage, 1 cup cheese, milk and butter, stirring until the butter is melted.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until the top begins to brown. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Grits Casserole(3)
Sort By :
This was an absolutely amazing dish. The only change the next time I make it is going to be MORE CHEESE!.
This side dish is great for breakfast or dinner!
I've been making this recipe for years and it's very good. Mine uses 1/2 cup butter and 3/4 cup milk, but other than that it's about the same.