- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In a saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat and cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot grits into the eggs; return all to the saucepan, stirring constantly. Add the sausage, 1 cup cheese, milk and butter, stirring until the butter is melted.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until the top begins to brown. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Grits Casserole
Sort By :
"This is a great recipe full of great flavor easy to make and great the next day.I will easily make this again. I think i will try with different kinds of cheeses though."
"This is delicious!!! I added more cheese, 1/2 c. butter and 3/4 c. milk like the others. Also diced canned jalapenos and tony's instead of salt."
"I took this to a meeting this morning and everyone liked it. I think it would be good using hot sausage."
"This was an absolutely amazing dish. The only change the next time I make it is going to be MORE CHEESE!."
"This side dish is great for breakfast or dinner!"