Grits 'n' Shrimp Tarts Recipe
This deliciously different appetizer showcases two Mississippi staples--grits and shrimp. I know your family will enjoy them as much as mine!
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Gradually stir in grits. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4 minutes. Stir in the cheeses, 1 tablespoon butter, garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute shrimp and onions in remaining butter until shrimp turn pink. Fill tart shells with grits; top with shrimp mixture. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 47 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC