Grinch Punch Recipe
My family expects to see this frothy beverage on my buffet each Christmas. It always satisfies a crowd.—Janice Hodge, Custer, South Dakota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:16 servings
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 12 drops neon green food coloring
- 1 bottle (2 liters) lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved; remove from the heat. Stir in milk and extract. Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Just before serving, transfer milk mixture to a punch bowl. Stir in the food coloring and soda. Top with scoops of ice cream. Yield: 4 quarts.
1 cup equals 142 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC