- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 12 drops neon green food coloring
- 1 bottle (2 liters) lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved; remove from the heat. Stir in milk and extract. Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, transfer milk mixture to a punch bowl. Stir in the food coloring and soda. Top with scoops of ice cream. Yield: 4 quarts.
Reviews for Grinch Punch
"Made this for the first time Christmas Eve 2015 and what a hit!I made this EXACTLY as stated and it was perfect!The grandkids loved having GRINCH punch, plus it was green, all the adults loved this as well.We will have this every year from now on, thank you for this recipe."
"A hit! This is one of our Christmas Eve traditions. :) I omit the sugar because it's sweet enough."
"This sounds good and creamy, but in our family we have been making Grinch Punch for years, However, we put 1/2 gallon lime sherbet in a punch bowl, add two 2 Liters of lemon lime soda. No added sugar, no added coloring, and it's low fat.We always had extra sherbet and soda on hand to add in as needed, because this was always a hit."
"I loved this recipe, and so did my family. However, if you are making for a big crowd, like 10 or more, you might want to double the recipe. Like someone else said, you can even change the color of the food coloring. Overall, it's a great recipe!"
"This was my first year trying this recipe by the end of it tasted a lot like food coloring any comments on where I went wrong ?"