Grilled Zucchini with Onions Recipe
- 6 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Drizzle zucchini with 2 teaspoons oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- 2. Place in a large bowl. Add the green onions, lemon juice, salt, pepper flakes and remaining oil; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
3 zucchini halves: 73 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Grilled Zucchini with Onions
"This was easy, tasty, and healthy. The red pepper flakes give it a mild kick. Will make again."
"I used Italian dressing instead of olive oil, but did everything else the same. Tasted great! Will make again."
"This was delicious and so easy to make. I halved the recipe for just 2 servings and it was a great blend of smoky flavor from the grill, tart from the lemon, a hint of heat from the red pepper flake and the creaminess of the zucchini itself. A definite keeper."