Grilled Zucchini with Onions Recipe
Wondering what to do with all of your vegetable garden zucchini? Tired of the same old bread and cupcakes? My grill recipe is a great change of pace with the added bonus of being healthy.
- 6 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Drizzle zucchini with 2 teaspoons oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- 2. Place in a large bowl. Add the green onions, lemon juice, salt, pepper flakes and remaining oil; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
3 zucchini halves equals 73 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC